Everytime I update my Ubuntu box that I have running MythTV, the remote stops working. This usually happens because of a kernel upgrade. I finally decided to document the steps I use to get it back up and running. I’m not sure that all of the steps are necessary, but they seem to work for me.
I end up with no /dev/lirc0 device listed and so the lircd daemon can’t connect to anything.
It seems that by following the directions for setting up a build environment for ivtv, I can get it back running.
I just following the directions setup MythTV and Ubuntu for IVTV and reboot. Seems to do the trick.